Reminder on Application for Non-criminal Record Certificate Before Departure from STU

Before leaving Shantou University, if you need a non-criminal record certificate issued by the public security authority in Shantou for future use, please go with the original and photocopy of your passport and the Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors (issued by the local police station) to the Exit-Entry Administration Hall of the Public Security Sub-Bureau of Jinping District located at 26 Gongyuan Road, Shantou (Add. in Chinese: 汕头市公园路26号) with tel.: 8892 5366 or 8866 8700 and work hrs.: 8:30-12:00 and 14:30-17:30 for the police clearance document. In consideration of language issues, it is advised that you have your Chinese student fellow(s) who can speak both English and Chinese as your company when going.

Upon obtaining the non-criminal record certificate, you are advised to have it notarised by the Notary Centre of Shantou located at 16 Huanshan Road, Shantou (Add. in Chinese: 汕头市华山路16号) with tel.: 8846 0746 and work hrs.: 8:30-12:00 and 14:30-17:30.

Please be advised that the public security authority in Shantou is unable to issue the non-criminal record certificate to any expatriate who has already left Shantou and been out of Chinese mainland.